A message from Reading Housing Authority on COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
November 23, 2020
To our applicants, residents and participants:
During the onset of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, I wrote to you with notification of our efforts to keep us all as safe as possible while continuing to provide you with safe, decent housing. In order to achieve this goal, we closed our program and administrative offices to the public and implemented some ways in which we do business, with some employees remaining on site, and others working remotely. We have since resumed many normal operations, but now, in response to the recent resurgence of COVID-19 cases in our area, we find ourselves in need to again operate under the prior plan.
Effective Monday, November 30, the following changes will again be implemented.
- All non-emergency inspections will be postponed until further notice. Emergency inspections will still be conducted by Property Maintenance and in the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program.
- We will close our offices to appointments and walk-in services but will continue to be available by telephone or email. (If your property management office does not have your current email address, please call them immediately and provide it to them.) Please call us instead of visiting the office. Continue to contact us to report income changes, ask questions about your rent, or report a problem. (Please note that your obligations under your lease or voucher remain unchanged.) You will be asked to mail, fax or email documents for later validation so that we can continue to perform our necessary work to meet your housing needs.
- Resident Services staff will talk with you by telephone instead of visiting your home.
- Routine work orders will be postponed. Emergency and urgent work orders will continue to be conducted.
- Community spaces will remain closed.
As you know, the circumstances around this situation seem to be changing daily, so please be aware that there could be updates to this plan in the future. Please call the offices for new information or with questions, and keep up to date by way of our Facebook page.
From all of us at Reading Housing Authority, we wish you and your family a very happy holiday season. We are committed to ensuring that you have a welcoming place to call home during these challenging times. Please stay safe and well.