Reading Housing Authority works in cooperation with Resident Councils to deliver educational opportunities to residents. The role of Resident Councils is to improve the quality of life for all residents, increase resident satisfaction, and to provide a forum for self-help initiatives that enable residents to create a positive living environment. Presenters must be able to provide information that will potentially benefit residents. Specific terms are as follows. Presenters:
- May not use the presentation to sell goods/services or raise funds. It is permitted to leave materials with attendees for their follow-up, such as business cards or promotional literature.
- Must understand that he or she is a guest of the Resident Council while on the property and will be supervised at all times. Presenters may not go door-to-door.
- May not engage in the general business of the meeting unless specifically asked by the President or other presider of the meeting.
- Are encouraged to attend with the resources to provide translation for persons with Limited English Proficiency.
- Should limit length of presentation to 15 minutes
- Understand that attendance to meetings is determined by each individual resident council. As resident councils are independent entities of the agency, RHA does not mandate or require that resident council accepts a presenter’s offer to deliver a program.
Additional information is available under the RHA Solicitation Policy.